The Kelly Homestead provides how-to blog posts on DIY home renovations that we have completed in our own home. Our style focuses on rustic, french country designs however most projects can be tailored for any individual taste.
- Chalk Painted Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Fireplace Mantel and Tile Surround
- Refinish Table in Farmhouse Style
- Creating Distressed, Weathered Wood – Gray Weathered, Whitewashed, Driftwood
- Shiplap and Exposed Beams (coming soon!)
- Wood Pallet Accent Wall
- AirStone Bathroom Accent Wall
- Renovation – from “Dated Country” to French Country Farmhouse
In our posts, we include all of the steps necessary to complete these projects in your home, providing lists of the materials required and detailed explanations. Additionally, we share recipe posts on our favorite homestead meals and baked goods. We post new articles several times a week so check back often for more DIY how-to’s and recipes. You may also follow us on Facebook and Twitter where new posts are advertised. Please feel welcome to contact us or comment with any questions!
*Please be advised that we are not professional home builders. We have construction experience and enjoy sharing our renovation experiences. Always obtain the necessary permits if applicable and professional advice if warranted.
Visit our Decor Shop!
We’ll do the prep work! We currently prep pallet wood for accent walls. Please visit our Material Shop for more details.